Historical Maps & Documents from Grand Lake Oakfield
Below are a collection of historical maps and documents relating to Grand Lake Oakfield and the surrounding area. Many of the maps shown are just small sections of the larger original. Many thanks to all the contributors from whom many of these maps and photos have come. For more information about any of the maps and photos or if you have anything to add or comment on, please contact Paul Parusel at pjparusel(@)gmail.com
Shubenacadie Canal - C1870
An interesting map first published in an 1883 report by E. H. Keating to the American Society of Civil Engineers. It shows a few landmarks such as Schutz's Inn and some buildings on the Oakfield Estate. It is one of the first maps that shows both Hwy 2 and the Old Truro Road together on the same map. Interestingly it shows a road connecting the Old Truro Road (lower track) to Hwy #2 at Oakfield Park road which is not present on any other maps as well.